The National Cadet Corps (NCC) is a youth development movement. It has enormous potential for nation building. The NCC provides opportunities to the youth of the country for their all-round development with a sense of duty, commitment, dedication, discipline and moral values so that they become able leaders and useful citizens. The NCC provides exposure to the cadets in a wide range of activities with a distinct emphasis on social services, discipline and adventure training. NCC is a voluntary basis activity. The students have no liability for active military service.
PDPU has two sub units of NCC Army wing at present with strength of 50 boy cadets and 50 girl cadets. Boys unit was activated in 2012 under 9 Gujarat Battalion, NCC while the Girls unit in 2014 under 1 Girls Gujarat Battalion, NCC. These cadets are trained in various fields like drill, firing, map reading, weapon training and other subjects. All cadets are expected to attend the camp for which they are detailed. NCC cadets are given refreshment and issued uniforms free-of-cost. At the end of their course, they receive “B” & “C” certificates.
Aims and Objectives of NCC -
- To develop character, commandership, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and the ideals of selfless service amongst the youth of the country
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth to provide leadership in all walks of life and always available for the service of the nation
- To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces
Benefits of NCC -
- NCC is a no profit, no loss organization, cadets don’t have to spent even a single rupee
- The NCC uniform is provided by the University itself
- The amount for traveling, bedding, food accommodation traveling allowance is provided by the university
- Qualities like social service team spirit, leadership, discipline and self-confidence are developed during NCC training
- Provide an opportunity to visit at various historical and industrial places in our country
- NCC cadets can get opportunity to do Army/Navy/Air attached camp and get to know about defense forces people life through this
- NCC cadets also get an opportunity to do adventure activities like para-gliding, mountaineering, parachute training, sailing etc.
- A cadet holding C certificate in B grade gets entitled to apply for direct commission in the defense services
- Now a days private companies also give preferences to NCC cadets
- Central and state government also give priority in job for NCC cadets
- NCC cadets are given priority in recruitment in CRPF and BSF
- NCC cadets are given refreshment in every parade and are given washing allowance for uniform
- NCC cadets are given facility to purchase goods from military canteen
- Various scholarships to those who excel in all activities, ranging from academics to adventure
- Opportunity to travel abroad
- Preferential advantage in seeking admissions in professional course at all India level
Various Camps in NCC -
- Thrill and joy of outdoor and community living
- Help in developing camaraderie, team-work, leadership qualities, self-confidence, self-reliance and dignity of labor among cadets
- Promoting national integration
Annual Training Camp (ATC)
These are held within the State under the aegis of respective NCC Directorates.
Centrally Organized Camps (COC)
These camps are of an All India basis and are planned by this Head Quarters in consultation with the Directorates nominated to conduct them. Selected cadets, as per the vacancies allotted to each Directorate, participate in these camps.o Leadership Camps
These camps are conducted on All India basis to bring out the leadership qualities in cadets. There are four Advance Leadership Camps (ALC), one each for SD, JD, SD Naval Wing Boys and SW Girls. Three Basic Leadership Camps are held, one each for SD Boys, SW and JW Girls.o Vayu Sainik Camp
This Centrally Organized Camp is organized for Air Wing Cadets. 600 cadets (420 boys+180 girls) from all Directorates attend the camp.o Nau Sainik Camp
This is held every year at Naval Base Vishakhapatnam. 560 cadets (400 boys +160 girls) from all Directorates attend the camp.o Rock Climbing Training Camps (RCTC)
Eight rock climbing camps are held each year to expose the cadets to the basics of elementary rock climbing and to inculcate spirit of adventure amongst cadets. Four of these camps are held at Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh and other four camps at Neyyardam near Trivandrum in Kerala.o National Integration Camps (NIC)
These camps are conducted on All India basis and help bridge the cultural gap among various States of India. In addition, There are five special NICs conduced at Leh, Nagrota (J&K), Chakabama (NCR), Lakshadweep and Port Blair.o Thal Sainik Camp (TSC)
Two concurrent TSCs are conducted at RD Parade Ground, Delhi Cantt every year. i.e. S D / JD boys and SW / JW girls. 640 Boy and 640 Girls cadets take part in this camps.o Republic Day Camp (RDC)
NCC Republic Day Camp is the culmination of all NCC Training activities. RDC is held at Garrison Parade Ground, Delhi Cantt from 01 to 29 Jan. 2000 selected NCC Cadets from all States & Union Territories attend the Camp. The Camp is inaugurated by the Vice President of India and culminates with Prime Minister's Rally on 27 Jan.
During the camp visit of Raksha Mantri, Cabinet Ministers, Chief Minister Delhi, three Service Chiefs and various State Ministers/VIPs are also organized.
During the RDC, various competitions are conducted amongst the 17 NCC Directorates to decide the Champion Directorate for award of Prime Minister's Banner. Competitions are keenly contested in various events such as National Integration Awareness, Drill, Line & Flag Area, Cultural items, Best Cadet of Senior Division (Boys) and Senior Wing (Girls) in each Service - Army, Navy & Air. Aero modeling and Ship modeling are also conducted during RDC.
NCC SONG -
Hum Sub BharatiyaHain, Hum Sub BharatiyaHain.
ApniManzilEkHai, Ha Ha, Ha, EkHai, Ho, Ho, Ho EkHai
Hum Sub BharatiyaHain
Kashmir Ki Dharti Rani Hai,
Sadiyon Se HamneIskoApneKhoon Se Pala Hai
“Desh Ki Raksha Ki Khatir Hum ShamshirUthaLenge,
Bikhre- BikhreTareyHain Hum LekinJhilmilEkHai
Ha, Ha, Ha, EkHai
Hum sub BhartiyaHain
Aur Masjid BhiHaiYahan
Mullah Ki KahinHai-Azaan
Ek Hi Apna Ram Hai, ek Hi Allah TaalaHai,
Ek Hi Allah TaalaHai, RangBirange Deepak Hain Hum.
EkJagmagEkHai Ha, EkHai, Ho, Ho, EkHai
Hum Sub BharatiyaHain, Hum Sub BharatiyaHain
Associate NCC Officer -
Lt. Anilkumar Markana, DG Baton Awardee at Officers Training Academy, Kamtee - Maharasthra in 2014
Lt. Khushali Purohit, Sharma Cup Awardee for Leadership Qualities at Officers Training Academy, Gwalior - Madhya Pradesh in 2015